USHJA Outreach: Host/Management
Applications to host a 2019 Outreach Competition are open.
- Complete to USHJA before publishing their prize list
Complete the Application Process:
1. Review the specifications
2. Complete and submit your application
3. Download, sign and return the host agreement
- $25 registration fee per competition day
- Prize list must be submitted to USHJA 30 days prior to the competition
- There is no limit on the types of classes the Outreach Show can offer beyond the USHJA Outreach Classes. However, points will only be awarded to USHJA recognized Outreach Classes.
- Is not held in conjunction with a USEF show.
- $100 registration fee
- Outreach entries must be made on a separate entry blank and a separate prize list must be provided, even if it is distributed within a larger prize list for the USEF show 30 days prior to the competition.
- Category 2 Outreach Shows are limited to the additional classes they may offer beyond the USHJA pointed Outreach Classes. These limits are:
- Total prize money offered may not exceed $500.
- No hunter class may exceed 2'9" and no jumper class may exceed 3'0"/.95m.
- Only one open hunter class and jumper class at each fence height (corresponding with USHJA pointed Outreach Classes) may be held. These classes are designed to allow riders to warm up and trainers to school horses for Outreach riders.
- Additional classes for junior and amateur riders are allowed as long as they adhere to the prize money and fence restrictions listed in 1 and 2 of this section.
- A Category 2 USHJA Outreach Show may be held in up to two rings dedicated solely to Outreach classes, or USHJA Outreach classes may be held within a USEF show provided that the Outreach classes are held in discrete sessions among the USEF Recognized classes. No more than two Outreach sessions may be held in a given ring on a given day. Outreach sessions must be clearly indicated in the schedule of classes.
- Category 2 Outreach Shows held within a USEF show must follow all USEF requirements for officials and staff
- Registration fee: $25 per competition day for a Category 1 competition and $100 for a Category 2 competition.
- Outreach shows must remit $2 for every horse entered and this fee may be passed along to the exhibitors. Post show fees are due within 14 days to the USHJA.
- USHJA Affiliates will receive a 50% discount on ribbon orders from Hodges Badge Company.
- Accident Preparedness Plan: to prevent accidents, when possible, deal with injuries as quickly and efficiently as possible, and deal with the aftermath of an accident
- Licensed Official Search: Locate USEF licensed officials in your area. USHJA account login information is required to use the search. If you do not have a USHJA account or a "My USEF Account," please contact USHJA for assistance
- Sample Courses:
- Helmet Guidance: Use of an ASTM/SEI-approved helmet is recommended at all times while mounted. An ASTM/SEI-approved helmet is required for participation in the USHJA Outreach Competition as well as any USEF horse shows. For a complete list of approved helmets, visit the SEI website.
- Safety Cups: At all USEF approved events, FEI approved safety mechanisms must be used in conjunction with a safety cup that is at least 1 ½ inches deep and at least 3 inches wide for the back rail of oxers. For USHJA International Hunter Derby classes, caps on walls and gates with a separate plank style top element that can be knocked down are permitted. Learn more about safety caps from the USEF web site.
- Sharps Containers: Sharps containers are recommended for the safety of all competition participants. Use of sharps containers at a USHJA Outreach Competition is not required, but are highly encouraged. Competitions interested in complying with USEF rules and regulations should have sharps containers. USEF Rule GR1210.4 requires that a minimum of one sharps container be provided per competition. Additionally, one sharps container per 50 occupied stalls must be available in facilities housing competition horses.