Welcome to the United States Hunter Jumper Association! We welcome all equestrians and horse enthusiasts with any interest in the sport. Our memberships are designed to meet your needs and provide you with access to educational, competitive and awards hunter/jumper programs, as well as general sport information. When you join the USHJA, you join a community of equestrians with a passion for the hunter/jumper sport. Find the membership that’s right for you:
Required for riders, trainers or owners competing at USEF rated competitions
- Required for USEF Licensed Officials
- Required for USHJA Committee members
- Purchase the Active/Competing membership package that fits your competition need: Annual ($85), 3-Year ($240), or Life ($1,500)
- Designed for those individuals who are not competing in USEF licensed competitions but want to participate in USHJA educational opportunities and wish to receive all other benefits of a USHJA membership. Note: Associate members are subject to a Show Pass Fee of $30.00 per competition at USEF licensed events.
- Annual fee: $35
- Designed for those individuals who are participating in USHJA Outreach competitions or are a member of an USHJA Affiliate Organization. Note: Outreach members are subject to a Show Pass Fee of $30.00 per competition at USEF licensed events.
- Annual fee: Free
- Designed for members of theInterscholastic Equestrian Association who want access to USHJA educationalprograms, including the Horsemanship Quiz Challenge and the Emerging Athletes Program.
- Scholastic Rider fee:$15
- Scholastic Coach fee:$15
- Designed for IHSA Alumni Riders and Coaches wanting to participate in IHSA competitions. All IHSA hunt seat riders purchase their IHSA/USHJA membership through the IHSA Membership Application.
- Collegiate Alumni fee: $15
- Collegiate Coach fee: $35
Please note: All members who are not Life or Active/Competing members are subject to USHJA Show Pass Fees if competing in USEF licensed competitions
USHJA Affiliate Association Memberships cost $100 and are valid through November 30 of the current competition year (December 1 to November 30). The following types of groups benefit from an Affiliated Association Membership:
- Local, state, regional and national organizations, clubs, associations, corporations, and other groups that conduct equestrian competitions or other programs or events.
- Educational institutions which offer equine related programs.
- Riding academies or stables with a lesson program that host shows or clinics.
Click here to access the Affiliate Association Membership Application.
Recognized Riding Academy
The USHJA Recognized Riding Academy Program acknowledges lesson programs, riding facilities, equestrian schools, and other types of educational equestrian programs that emphasize horsemanship and sportsmanship, promote safety, and offer introductory hunter/jumper lessons. These programs create a foundation for well-rounded equestrians who benefit the entire sport, and this recognition is designed to encourage the continued development and growth of these types of programs across the country.
For more information about the Recognized Riding Academy program or to apply, click here.
Life Horse Registration
horses competing in United States Equestrian Federation non-breed-restricted
licensed competitions with hunter, hunter breeding, pony hunter breeding,
jumper and hunter seat equitation classes must be properly identified and must
obtain a registration number from USHJA