Thanks for your interest in becoming a Recognized Riding Academy. Below is important information for completing your application.
- Applications may be submitted via email, mail, or fax and must include the academy or facility owner's approval and signature
- Upon submission of the application, riding academies must also include a Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program
- An application fee of $125 will be due at the time of application. Once received, an application will be reviewed by USHJA and applicants will be notified in writing of the status of the application.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter of acceptance, a listing on the USHJA website, an invitation to participate in the Affiliate Equitation Awards, a certificate of recognition, and an official USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque. The application fee will secure the riding academy's membership for the competition year to end on November 30
- Unapproved applicants will be notified by letter with a written explanation of denial and will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All unapproved applicants will be encouraged to reapply at a later date
*Applicants may be eligible for a one-time, $25 discount towards their initial application fee if a USHJA Certified Trainer is on staff. Click here for more information about the USHJA Trainer Certification Program.
Recognized Riding Academies must renew each year to ensure that they continue to meet the expectations of a USHJA Recognized Riding Academy. Recognized academies must be current on all membership fees and continue to meet all the requirements listed in the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy Information Packet.
- Upon submission of the renewal application, riding academies must also include a Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation for the operation of its riding program
- If the academy remains compliant with the expectations of the program, it will receive a letter of renewal and another year of USHJA recognition
- If the academy is deemed no longer in compliance, the fee will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee and the program will be removed from the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy webpage
- Any significant changes to the Riding Academy program will require the completion of a new application form and reevaluation for recognition. The renewal fee is $75 and will secure the riding academy's membership for the competition year to end on November 30.