Application and renewal Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Recognized Riding Academy. Below is important information for completing your application.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form with payment due at the time of application.
- At least one staff member must serve as a USHJA representative; a current USHJA member in good standing, above the Outreach level.
- Submission requirements:
- A Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program. Click here for insurance form requirements.
- Name and contact information of one reference who can speak to the facility, the lesson program, and its instructors. References do not need to be USHJA members, should not be employed by the applicant academy, and will be contacted by a USHJA staff member or Recognized Riding Academy Committee member.
- Five photo images to include the following facility locations: riding ring, tack room, stalls/stabling, pasture fencing, and grooming/tacking area (submitted in JPEG format).
- Additional application requirements are outlined in the RRA Information Packet
An application fee of $125 will be due at the time of application. Once received, the application will be reviewed by USHJA and applicants will be notified in writing of the status of the application.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter of acceptance and recogntion packet to include a listing on the USHJA website, a certificate of recognition, and an official USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque.
- The application fee will secure the riding academy's recogntion for the competition year to end on November 30.
- Unapproved applicants will be notified by letter with a written explanation of denial and will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All unapproved applicants will be encouraged to reapply at a later date.
*Applicants are eligible for a one-time, $50 discount towards their initial application fee if a USHJA Certified Trainer or Credentialed Instructor is on staff. Click here for more information about the USHJA Instructor Credential.
Recognized Riding Academies must renew each year to ensure they continue to meet the expectations of a USHJA Recognized Riding Academy. Recognized academies must continue to meet all requirements listed in the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy Information Packet. If the academy remains compliant with the expectations of the program, it will receive a letter of renewal and another year of USHJA recognition.
- The renewal fee is $75 and will secure the riding academy's recognition for the competition year to end on November 30.
- If the academy is deemed no longer compliant, the fee will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee and the program will be removed from the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy directory.
RRAs renewing for 2021 are asked to complete the new online application. To help ensure you are able to complete the form most effeciently, it is recommended you plan to have the following items on-hand before beginning your renewal:
- RRA ID: this can be found in your intitial appoval email or previous renewal emails. If you cannot locate your RRA ID, contact Whitney Barnard.
- USHJA Representative's USEF ID: the ID of a staff person who maintains a current USHJA membership in good standing above the Outreach level.
- TCP Trainer or Credentialed Instructor USEF ID if necessary.
- Current Certificate of Insurance: proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation for the operation of your riding program. Click here for insurance form requirements.
- Reference Contact Information: the name, email, and phone number of a reference who can speak to your program. This person should not be employed by the RRA.
- Facility Images: facility photos in JPEG form showing the tack room, riding ring, grooming/tacking area, stalls/stabling area, and pasture fencing.
Contact the program liaison with any questions regarding the 2021 renewal process.