Application and renewal Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Recognized Riding Academy! Below is important information for completing your application or renewal. Be sure to review all program requirements as outlined in the RRA Information Packet.
- Access applications via the member portal from your Farm/Organization account.
- Applications are not accessible via individual member accounts.
- Click here to create a free Farm/Organization member account.
- Prior to starting your application, have the following items on hand:
- A current Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program. Click here for insurance form requirements.
- Name and contact information of one reference who can speak to the facility, the lesson program, and its instructors. References do not need to be USHJA members, should not be employed by the applicant, and will be contacted by a USHJA staff member or Recognized Riding Academy Committee member.
- Six photo images to include the following facility locations: riding ring, tack room, stalls/stabling, pasture fencing, grooming/tacking area, and photo showing a rider or riding lesson with rider(s), horse(s), and equipment area (submit via JPEG or PDF format).
- $125 application fee due at the time of submission*
Once received, applications will be reviewed by USHJA staff and applicants will be notified in writing of the status of the application within 10 business days.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter of acceptance and a recognition packet to include a listing on the USHJA website, a certificate of recognition, and an official USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque.
- The application fee will secure recognition for the competition year to end on November 30.
- Unapproved applicants will be notified by letter with a written explanation of denial and will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All unapproved applicants will be encouraged to reapply at a later date.
*Applicants are eligible for a one-time, $50 discount towards their initial application fee if a USHJA Certified Trainer or Credentialed Instructor is on staff. Click here for more information about the USHJA Instructor Credential.
Recognized Riding Academies must renew each year to verify continued adherence to the standards of the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy program. Recognized academies must continue to meet all requirements listed in the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy Information Packet.
- Upon submission of the renewal, the academy must also include an updated Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage meeting program requirements.
- The fee to renew is $75.
- If the academy remains compliant with the expectations of the program, it will receive a letter of renewal and another year of USHJA recognition.
- Recognized academies must complete the full application form for renewal every five years to confirm continued compliance with program requirements.
RRAs renewing for 2023 must do so via their USHJA Farm/Organization account using their RRA ID. The RRA Renewal cannot be accessed via an individual member account.
Contact the program liaison with questions regarding the application or renewal process.