Application and renewal Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Recognized Riding Academy! Below is important information for completing your application or renewal. Be sure to review all program requirements as outlined in the RRA Information Packet.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form, a Certfiicate of Insurance, and facility photos at the time of application submission. Documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed, or mailed. A USHJA staff member will contact the applicant for payment.
- At least one staff member must serve as a USHJA representative; a current USHJA member in good standing, above the Outreach level, and Safe Sport trained.
- Submission requirements:
- A current Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program. Click here for insurance form requirements.
- Name and contact information of one reference who can speak to the facility, the lesson program, and its instructors. References do not need to be USHJA members, should not be employed by the applicant, and will be contacted by a USHJA staff member or Recognized Riding Academy Committee member.
- Six photo images to include the following facility locations: riding ring, tack room, stalls/stabling, pasture fencing, grooming/tacking area, and photo showing a rider or riding lesson with rider(s), horse(s), and equipment area (submit via JPEG or PDF format).
- Additional application requirements as outlined in the RRA Information Packet.
In 2022, an application fee of $100 will be due at the time of application. Once received, the application will be reviewed by USHJA and applicants will be notified in writing of the status of the application. USHJA staff will contact the applicant for payment. Recognition will be not be awarded until full payment is received.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter of acceptance and recogntion packet to include a listing on the USHJA website, a certificate of recognition, and an official USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque.
- The application fee will secure recogntion for the competition year to end on November 30.
- Unapproved applicants will be notified by letter with a written explanation of denial and will receive a refund minus a $25 processing fee. All unapproved applicants will be encouraged to reapply at a later date.
*Applicants are eligible for a one-time, $50 discount towards their initial application fee if a USHJA Certified Trainer or Credentialed Instructor is on staff. Click here for more information about the USHJA Instructor Credential.
Recognized Riding Academies must renew each year to verify continued adherence to the standards of the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy program. Recognized academies must continue to meet all requirements listed in the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy Information Packet. If the academy remains compliant with the expectations of the program, it will receive a letter of renewal and another year of USHJA recognition.
- USHJA Recognized Riding Academies must renew each year to verify continued adherence to the standards. A renewal application must be submitted and the fee is $75.
- Upon submission of the renewal, the academy must also include an updated Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage meeting program requirements.
- If the academy remains compliant with the expectations of the program, it will receive a letter of renewal and another year of USHJA recognition.
- Recognized academies must complete the full application form for renewal every five years to confirm continued compliance with program requirements.
Renewing for 2022? Please read!
RRAs renewing for 2022 must create a USHJA business/organization account in the new member portal using their RRA ID. Click here for detailed instructions on to how to create your RRA account, change your password, and renew your RRA recognition. To help ensure you are able to complete the form most effeciently, it is recommended you plan to have the following items on-hand before beginning your renewal:
- RRA ID: this can be found in your intitial appoval email or previous renewal emails. If you cannot locate your RRA ID, contact Whitney Barnard.
- USHJA Representative's USHJA ID: the ID of a staff person who maintains a current USHJA membership in good standing above the Outreach level and is Safe Sport trained.
- TCP Trainer or Credentialed Instructor USEF ID: if applicable.
- Current Certificate of Insurance: proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation for the operation of your riding program. Click here for insurance form requirements.
Contact the program liaison with any questions regarding the 2022 renewal process.