USHJA Recognized Riding Academy:
Is your equestrian program helping to cultivate well-rounded equestrians from their earliest riding experience? If your lesson program empathizes horsemanship, sportsmanship and promotes safety, apply to become a USHJA Recognized Riding Academy. All applicants must read and understand the criteria set forth by the USHJA. Recognized academies are subject to USHJA membership fees and a renewal application will be required for membership renewal each year. There is no deadline for application but membership will end on November 30 unless renewed.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form with payment due at the time of application.
- The academy operator/owner must approve and sign the application. At least one staff member must be a current USHJA member in good standing.
- Upon submission of the application, riding academies must also include a Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage of at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program.
- Approved riding academies must be willing to advertise with its students, guests, and vendors their relationship with the USHJA by methods to include, but not limited to, promoting available programs, posting flyers or banners, hosting events, and displaying the USHJA’s recognition of the program on the riding academy’s website.
- Approved academies must display the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque in a visible area.
- The academy must be willing to uphold the USHJA’s Membership Code of Conduct.
- The academy must be willing to provide USHJA with a client list to include names, addresses, and email addresses as well as promote the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy membership and programs to its students and clients.