Is your equestrian program helping to cultivate well-rounded equestrians from their earliest riding experience? If your lesson program emphasizes horsemanship, sportsmanship and promotes safety, apply to become a USHJA Recognized Riding Academy. All applicants must read and understand the criteria set forth by the USHJA. Recognized academies are subject to USHJA membership fees and a renewal application will be requiredl each year. There is no deadline for application but membership will end on November 30 unless renewed.
- All applicants must meet the minimum standards as outlined in the RRA Information Packet.
- All applicants must submit a completed application with payment due at the time of submission.
- At least one staff member must be a current USHJA member above the Outreach level, in good standing, and Safe Sport traine
- Applicants must submit a current Certificate of Insurance showing proof of coverage for at least $1 million dollars per occurrence for the operation of its riding program.
- Applicants must identify the name and contact information of a reference who can speak to the program listed on the application. References do not need to be USHJA members, should not be employed by the applicant, and will be contacted by a USHJA staff member or Recognized Riding Academy Committee member.
- Applicants must submit at least six photo images to include the following items: riding ring, tack room, stalls/stabling, pasture fencing, grooming/tacking area, and a photo showing a rider or riding lesson with rider(s), horse(s), and equipment area.
- Approved academies must agree to advertise with its students, guests, and vendors their relationship with the USHJA by methods to include, but not limited to, promoting available programs, posting flyers or banners, hosting events, and displaying the USHJA’s recognition of the program on the riding academy’s website.
- Approved academies must display the USHJA Recognized Riding Academy plaque in a visible area.
Recognized academies not meeting the standards outlined by the program can be addressed by contacting the program liaison.