Annual Responsibilities of Certified and Provisional Trainers
All Certified and Provisional Trainers and Applicants are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining current contact information with USHJA. To update contact information, please click here.
- Maintaining their USHJA Active or Collegiate Coach Membership annually.
- Maintaining their liability insurance current and providing proof of such to USHJA as their expiration dates approach. A 30-day grace period has been established for trainers to update their policies and send in appropriate certificates of insurance.
- Renew certification every five years. For TCP Renewal Procedural Responsibilities, please click here.
- In compliance with USEF membership and USHJA Trainer Certification program requirements, TCP Trainers are required to complete Safe Sport Training annually in order to maintain certification. To access the free, online Safe Sport Training, please click here. To review information regarding the Safe Sport Initiative and USEF Safe Sport Policy, please visit USEF.org
- Adhere to all USEF rules. If an individual is suspended by the USEF, that individual's USHJA Trainer Certification or Provisional status will be suspended for the same time period. Upon completion of the USEF suspension period, the individual's USHJA Trainer Certification will be reinstated, absent good cause to the contray. Reinstatement of the individual's USHJA Trainer Certification remains at the sole discretion of the USHJA.
Should you neglect these responsibilities, trainers must follow the reinstatement process. Click here for more information about reinstatement.