Trainer Certification Renewal
Certified Trainers are required to renew their certification every five years. This renewal is for full-time professional hunter/jumper trainers who are currently USHJA Certified Trainers. If you no longer teach and/or train full-time, you are not eligible for renewal.
The following requirements must be completed and submitted by the end of the Fifth competition year from the date of certification. For example, trainers who became certified on February 1, 2014 may begin completing all of the below requirements during competition year 2019 (no earlier than December 1, 2018, and must complete all requirements no later than November 30, 2019). The renewal requirements can be submitted in any order.
TCP Renewal Requirements
- Submit Request for Renewal Form and $75 renewal fee. Log in to your USHJA account and click "TCP Renewal" under the USHJA Trainer Certification Program section.
- Post updated resume on your Certified Trainer Profile. Log into your USHJA member account and click Trainer Input Form to update your information. Click here for instructions to edit your profile.
- Undergo a criminal background check check with Coeus Global. Click here to start the registration process for your background check.
- Complete Safe Sport Training. You can review information regarding the Safe Sport Initiative and USEF Safe Sport Policy here. You can complete your free Safe Sport Training through the Team USA website here.
- Complete one of the following educational pieces:
- Concussion Awareness Video. All TCP candidates are required to complete the Concussion Awareness video and quiz. To access the free concussion video, click here. Applicants will be required to complete a short quiz with a score of 100% following the video. You are permitted to take the quiz as many times you wish.