USHJA Zone 12 E-News Update
Spring Forum

The Spring Forum will be held April 28th at Fire Lake Elementary School in Eagle River from 1-4 p.m. The forum will begin with a presentation of the USHJA Zone 12 Programs, followed by an open meeting for all members. Contact Dana Eaton for more information.

Zone Medal

Three divisions will be offered: 2'0", 2'6", and 3'0". Each division winner will receive a monogrammed letter jacket while runners-up will receive an embroidered logo jacket; 3-6th will receive an embroidered logo vest. Riders will earn 60% of their final score at shows during the regular show season based on a written exam, and scores earned in Jumper and Hunter classes. The remaining 40% will be earned at GEE3 based on a flat class, over fences class and practicum. Contact Susan Ritter for more information.

Judging Clinic

A judging clinic with Julie Winkel will be held Monday, June 17th at FEC in Palmer. This is an all-day affair encompassing multiple Hunter, Jumper and Equitation classes. This is an educational clinic sponsored by USHJA Zone 12 which is free to all USHJA members, and $70 to non-members. Local professionals will be invited to provide horses and participate as demonstration riders. Ms. Winkel will place the classes and explain judging protocol. This is a great opportunity for trainers, riders, owners and parents to learn about horse shows from the judge's viewpoint. Contact Jill Cornforth for more information.

Horsemanship Challenge Clinic

The Horsemanship Challenge Clinic will be held on Friday, June 28 at France Equestrian Center in Palmer. Cost for riders is $75, which includes a Zone 12 polo shirt. Auditor fee is $25 to the general public. The judge/clinician is Linda Allen. The HCC format will be offered at three levels: crossrails, 2'0", and 2'6". Each level will consist of four sections: written test, practicum test, a flat equitation class, and equitation over fences. Linda Allen will discuss show ring strategy with the riders, walk the courses with them, judge the equitation classes, critique each rider and conduct a roundtable discussion with all of the riders at the end of the day. Contact Lindsay Henry for more information.

Linda Allen Clinic

The Linda Allen Clinic will be held June 29th-30th at France Equestrian Center. Cost is $350 for both days of the clinic. There will be four sessions a day, for approximately 2 hours each, auditing is $75 for both days or $50 per day. Applications may be found on the USHJA website. Applications are due May 28th and must include a $75 non-refundable deposit. All riders competing at 2'6" and above are encouraged to apply.  Contact Jill Cornforth for more information.

Inaugural USHJA Children's & Adult Amateur Jumper Regional Championships 

Step up for a chance to compete in the Children's & Adult Amateur Jumper West  Regional Team/Individual Championships September 24-29, 2013 at the Sacramento International Welcome Week.  

 

Open to USHJA Children's and Adult Amateur jumper riders from Zones 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. Must apply by August 10, 2013 in order to be eligible. Please visit our website for more information and to apply to the program.

Junior/ Young Rider Show Jumping Applications Due June 14th 

Athletes wishing to be considered for a 2013 Zone Junior or Young Rider Show Jumping Team for the North American Junior and Young Rider Championships (NAJYRC) must complete and return the application no later than June 14th. There are separate applications for the Junior and Young Rider Teams. Late applications will not be accepted.

 

The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY will host the 2013 NAJYRC July 17- 21, 2013.

 

Additional information regarding NAJYRC requirements and selection can be found at www.usef.org or by contacting Chris Murphy.

2014 Zone Specifications Review

The Hunter and Jumper Committees will begin reviewing the Zone Specifications
in April and revised specifications will be available on the website May 1st. 

Click here to see the Zone 12 Calendar 

United States Hunter Jumper Association 
3870 Cigar Lane
Lexington, KY 40511
P: 859.225.6700 
F: 859.258.9033
USHJA LOGO
STAY CONNECTED WITH USHJA
       
facebooktwitter rssyoutube  
This email was sent to jmims@ushja.org by myushja@gmail.com |  
Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.
United States Hunter Jumper Association | 3870 Cigar Lane | Lexington | KY | 40511