How to Apply
Riders interested in participating in the Emerging Athletes Program must:
Letter of Recommedation Form
- Meet eligibility requirements
- Complete the online application
- Submit three letters of recommendation:
- One (1) letter from a current trainer describing in detail the applicant's experience.
- Two (2) letters from adults within the hunter/jumper industry (ie: trainers, veterinarians, farriers, etc.) who have working knowledge of applicant's riding and horsemanship abilities
- Complete the Level One Quiz of the Horsemanship Quiz Challenge. Applicants with a Level One score of 80 percent or above will be considered for participation in a Regional Training Session.
Deadline to Apply
Early Summer Application Deadline: April 17, 2017
Late Summer Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Please review the calendar of events for all dates of the EAP Regional Training Sessions.
Non-refundable application fee: $50
Fee to attend an EAP Regional Training Session: $550
Each USHJA zone has set aside funding for members to help offset the cost of attending an EAP Regional Training Session. The deadline to apply for an EAP grant to help cover a portion of your costs is May 1. To apply, go to www.ushja.org/zones, click on your home zone, then click on "Grants and Scholarships" to see what is available in your area.
Upon acceptance into a Regional Training Session, riders will be emailed Regional Training Session materials. To reserve each rider's place in the program, the signed letter of intent, liability waiver, emergency contact form, biography and $550 Regional Training Session fee, made payable to USHJA, must be received in the USHJA office no later than 14 days after the notification is sent. It is the rider's responsibility to contact the Regional Host Facility for stall reservations and fees. Stall fees are separate from the EAP Regional Training Session fee and are to be paid directly to the Regional Host Facility.